Call for papers
The Sixth World Congress of Paraconsistency in Toruń (WCP6) - the Second Stanisław Jaśkowski Memorial Symposium
5-8 September 2022, Toruń, Poland
Deadline extension: May 31, 2022 (for details see below)
Continuing the tradition of the congresses of the paraconsistency and referring to the role of Stanisław Jaśkowski for the creation and development of the paraconsistency, we hereby invite you to the Congress-Symposium in Toruń.
Invited Lecturers/Keynote Speakers:
- Arnon Avron (School of Computer Science, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel) - "On Formal Criteria for Relevance"
- Diderik Batens (Universiteit Gent, Gent, Belgium) - "On Non-Dialetheic Paraconsistency"
- Jean-Yves Beziau (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Walter Carnielli (Centre for Logic, Epistemology and History of Science, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Brazil) - "Reasoning with glutted and gapped probability and possibility"
- Janusz Ciuciura (University of Łódź, Łódź, Poland) - "Gently Paraconsistent Calculi"
- Jacek Malinowski (The Polish Academy of Sciences, Warszawa, Poland) - "Connexive Logics via Relating Semantics"
- Daniele Mundici (Department of Mathematics and Computer Science "Ulisse Dini", University of Florence, Florence, Italy) - "Probabilistic/logical inconsistency, and de
- Hitoshi Omori (Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Bochum, Germany) - "Three questions on Jaskowski's discussive logic"
- Francesco Paoli (University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy) - "Paraconsistent weak Kleene logic: a survey"
- Graham Priest (The City University of New York, New York, USA and University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia) - "Jaśkowski and the Jains"
- Yaroslav Shramko (Kryvyi Rih State Pedagogical University, Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine)
- Max Urchs (EBS Universität, Wiesbaden, Germany) - "Logic in Toruń — The becoming of a school of discussive logic"
- Heinrich Wansing (Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Bochum, Germany) - "Beyond Paraconsistency. A plea for a radical breach with the Aristotelean orthodoxy in logic"
- Zach Weber (University of Otago Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand) - "True, untrue, valid, invalid, provable, unprovable"
- Kherian Gracher - What is a paraconsistent negation?
- Andrzej Indrzejczak and Marek Nasieniewski - On Jaśkowski heritage
- Itala M. Loffredo D'Ottaviano - A history of paraconsistency and paraconsistent logic in the Western thought: from Heraclitus of Ephesus to Stanislaw Jaśkowski and Newton da Costa
The Scientific Committee:
- Jean-Yves Beziau (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Marek Nasieniewski (Toruń, Poland)
- Arnon Avron (Tel Aviv, Israel)
- Jc Beall (Notre Dame, Indiana, United States)
- Bryson Brown (Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada)
- Juliana Bueno-Soler (Santo André, Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- Walter Carnielli (Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil)
- Newton da Costa (Florianópolis, SC, Brazil)
- Marcelo Esteban Coniglio (Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil)
- Luis Estrada-González (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Luis Fariñas del Cerro (Toulouse, France)
- Tomasz Jarmużek (Toruń, Poland)
- Itala M. Loffredo D'Ottaviano (Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil)
- João Marcos (Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil)
- Edwin Mares (Wellington, New Zealand)
- Joke Meheus (Gent, Belgium)
- Daniele Mundici (Florence, Italy)
- Francesco Paoli (Cagliari, Italy)
- Andrzej Pietruszczak (Toruń, Poland)
- Peter Schroeder-Heister (Tübingen, Germany)
- John Slaney (Canberra, Australia)
- Max Urchs (Wiesbaden, Germany)
- Jean Paul Van Bendegem (Brussel, Belgium)
- Vladimir L. Vasyukov (Moscow, Russia)
- Peter Verdée (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium)
- Heinrich Wansing (Bochum, Germany)
- Erik Weber (Gent, Belgium)
The Organising Committee:
- Mateusz Klonowski
- María del Rosario Martínez-Ordaz
- Ricardo Arturo Nicolás Francisco
- Michał Oleksowicz
- Rafał Palczewski
- Sylwia Nurkiewicz
Papers on any aspects of paraconsistency might be submitted for consideration. They may cover topics from the following (not exclusive) list:
- Systems of Paraconsistent Logic,
- Philosophical Issues in Paraconsistency,
- Applications of Paraconsistent Logic,
- Paraconsistency and Computation,
- History of Paraconsistent Logic.
Send your abstract via the registration page:
or by e-mail:
Authors should submit electronic versions of their abstracts (ca. 1000 words) by May 31, 2022.
Authors will be informed about the acceptance of their contributions before June 12, 2022.
The regular conference fee - after June 30th - is 230 EUR
The early conference fee - before July 1st - is 180 EUR
This includes conference materials, coffee breaks, and the conference dinner.
The conference fee does not include accommodation or meals.
The conference fee for online participation is 30 EUR.
- Department of Logic, Institute of Philosophy, Faculty of Philosophy and Social Sciences, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń,
- Emerging Field Logic and Philosophy of Science,
- Centre for Logic, Epistemology and History of Science, Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP),
- Departamento de Filosofia, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro,
- Institute for Philosophical Research, National Autonomous University of Mexico,
- Logica Universalis Association.